Saturday, February 03, 2007

Smokin' Aces...

smokin' aces

Well back in November I had posted about this going to be a guy ritchie-esque gangster type movie. I was wrong-Kind of. I had been anticipating this to be balls to the wall-nonstop-action from beginning to end. It seemed to move really slow the first thirty minutes. By no means am I saying that this was a bad movie though. It's a definate top-notch crime-comedy mashup. Director Joe Carnahan borrows elements of Ritchie and Tarantino flicks, but does it well. A great quote I saw on it: "It's like True Romance crossed with Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels remade with the artistic vision of Domino." The cast shines bright for sure. Jeremy Pivon's coked out character was excellent and Cameo's acting debut was superb. Ryan Reynolds and Ray Liotta give great performances playing their FBI agent characters. No surprise with Liotta, but I was wondering how Reynolds would be.
Even though we are only a month in-this will go into my Top Ten of the Year. Let's see if it can stay there another eleven months. I'll leave another quote I found on it: "Isn't this grown-up? In a word, no, and that's what's so much fun about it."


Pick up Joe Carnahan's NARC in our store.

No comments:

Movielink, LLC

technorati

statcounter